Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Patch Antennas with two ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Which kind of dual feed Patch antenna has ability to couple an RF signal from external source to the system through patch structure directly without using coupler with specific coupling factor at the same time this coupled RF single won't radiate or receiving another signals from patch antenna? Normally, for dual feed patch antenna designs there is high isolation between ports and both of two ports are radiating and receiving signal through patch structure. I want to design antenna with two ports which is working as antenna and RF coupler at the same time

Regards
Hadi

Hi

Which kind of dual feed Patch antenna has ability to couple an RF signal from external source to the system through patch structure directly without using coupler with specific coupling factor at the same time this coupled RF single won't radiate or receiving another signals from patch antenna? Normally, for dual feed patch antenna designs there is high isolation between ports and both of two ports are radiating and receiving signal through patch structure. I want to design antenna with two ports which is working as antenna and RF coupler at the same time

Regards
Hadi

Perhaps it is me, but I find it impossible to understand what you are trying to achieve. Perhaps if you describe the application, and why you need these rather unusual characteristics, it would be useful. Since I personally can't work out what you want.

Dave

I'm designing an noise adding radiometer and after antenna , the first stage of this system is a directional coupler which is used to couple reference noise signal to the system. Because of this coupler, sensitivity of system is degraded and noise figure of system is increased. Therefore I want to design an antenna with two ports which has internally the function of directional coupler as well as the function receiving mode of antenna

You may as well have 2 different components, antenna and coupler each with one port ?? If you have any study material on what you intend to do, please do share !

We usually design 2-port antenna to obtain dual polarization.

I don't want to use to different components....I want to use the antenna as coupler also like for transceiver antenna.....is it possible or not?.......I didn't find study material about this idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back