Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parially freeing the memory in the c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedshan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

In my program I am communicating with FPGA and for proper communication I am stuck to allocating very large memory during calling data from FPGA to computer through PCIe.

One way I thought is to partially free the initial bytes of data. For example If I allocate 50 M-Byte or even slightly more, of memory (which is LOOOOOTTTT), hence I plan to free 4096 Bytes each time that data is fetched and stored in file. This way at least some of the memory is free for other programs to run...

I check on internet and it seems that it is not possible the easy way... see here

But Is there any method to do so...

BY-THE-WAY the problem arise since I am triggering my FPGA based DAQ through external trigger, but because of software limitations and storing data in files, some triggers are missed, hence data acquisition is not correct. So I thought to store data in files later after all data is acquired, but then memory problem occurs....So this I thought as the solution.
I have this exact question in the FPGA forum of edaboard as well... ^^... cheers

Bests,
Shan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back