Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel TA8435H for high current output

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager2020

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have some TA8435H microstep driver ic's! but this ic only support 1.5-2.5 A current in its outputs! can i parallel two of them for double output current achievement?

I wouldn't recommend it if you can't guarantee that both chips come from the same wafer. These driver chips internally generate their own chopping clocks, and if these clocks deviate (also just minimally), the outputs would fight against each other at each on and off edge. See TA8435H data sheet p. 24 point 4.

Better use external power drivers.

thank you so much! the problem is I bought some of this chips and I thought it would be great if I can use 2 of them for high current outputs! :)

If you've got several of these chips, you could perhaps try and risk (perhaps sacrifice) two of them: use a limiting current source and/or a fuse, measure the current consumption, monitor the temperature rise on the 2 chips. Too much current || too high temperature indicates cross current between both chips.

For a single solution it might work anyway. But I wouldn't recommend this as a volume (series) solution.

very interesting idea! I would like try this at least for 2 chips maybe it works or sacrifice me and my chips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.