Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PAM demultiplexing and demodulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheraz.pervaiz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
At recieving side we do demultiplexing first and then demodulation.

Can we perform demodulation first and then demultiplexing.If yes then why we don't do demodulation first, as we can reduce the number of demodulator circuits(1 demodulator circuit as compared to N number of demodulator circuits)

Hi

the obious and extendedly known fact is that first the recieve signal is demodulated and then demultiplexed.
Please be more especific about the kind of system you are talking about, even tough I dont think it is logic to do first demultiplexing and then demodulation.

cheers

Sal

Added after 4 minutes:

Hi

Could you tell me where did you got that information? the obious and extendedly known fact is that first the recieve signal is demodulated and then demultiplexed, I dont think PAM is different

cheers

Sal

If you demodulate first all of the audio signals will add together and you will not be able to separate them.

it is done to separate the signals first so that they can be sample and hold separately.
i hope u ve understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.