Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PADS VIAS ? so what about top layer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all

now i know via this a copper plated hole in the PCB to connect two traces one in top and other in the bottom layer ( 2 layer PCB )

and the PAD is a copper area for soldering comp. legs and connect it to different traces at the bottom

now what about if i want to connect comp. (NOT SMD COMPONENT) legs but in the top layer how it done

thanks

Normally on a double sided PCB all through hole pads have pads on both sides of the PCB and plating between them. So, if you put a through hole component on the top layer and the track is also on the top layer you would still solder at the bottom as normal. The leg would then be connected to the top track using the plated through hole.

I have seen single sided boards with components and tracks on the top side where the legs of the components have been soldered on the top of the PCB (manually). It is not a great construction method.

Keith.

hi,

I am designing one PCB and i want that no vias are seen on the top layer, actually i want to mount LCD display on the top side so i need the top layer free from Vias.
should any one tell me how i make my top layer like a plane layer i.e free from vias.?

Thanks,
simi

hi,

thanks for your suggestion, but the size of my PCB is very small and components are more so i can't go for single side pcb.
Any other method anyone?

If you don't want the expense of blind/buried vias then some tape between the LCD and the PCB or some other form of insulating layer.

Keith

hi,

I am not worrying about the expense,
can u Please explain how i make vias blind/buried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back