Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] P-CAD 2002 Title Block/Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All
P-cad 2002.
Does anybody know how to create and or modify an existing title block/drawing format.
Not had to do this before as all the designs have fitted on our existing A3 or A2 blanks, but have a large board to do (500 x 500) so have to create a A0 drawing sheet, and for the life of me I can't figure it out, the blank is unselectable!!! AND the manual/help is, well..........says you may like to create your own title block "filename.tbk" see "Options Commands"......nothing.
If I can't figure it, I'll just have to DXF in a blank and add text manually.

Regards
Russ

Hi Russ!

Use the Titles tab in the Options Layers dialog.

To enlarge drawing sheet :
1. Select titles layer.
2. Specify the height and width of the border and Relative Origin.
3. Select Display Border and Annotate Zone Information check box.
4. Click "Select" button to choose the title block file (.tbk). Lower-Right Offset must be 0,0.
5. Click "Modify" to update the Titles options.
That's all.

For more information look for the "Options Layers" in P-CAD Help Topics.

Good luck!
B.G.

Hi BG
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can/have done that.
The thing is we have custom title sheets (created by my predecessor) that are ".tbk" files that I normally use. Go to "Title Block Select" then pick a relevent sheet size "SHTA2PCBsht.tbk" pick the layer and "Modify". Its then a case of "Fields" and edit the attributes.

What I wont to know is how these ".tbk" files were origionally created, so I can edit one and create a new larger size.

As I previously said, the sheet is unselectable on screen, so you can't explode it like a component, edit it, and make another. (if you get my drift)

Russ

hi Rush,

Do the following steps
1. open the title sheet created by your precedecessor in PCAD schematics ( change the file type to 'all files' while doing it' - picture is attached for your referance)
2. Do the necessary changes in the title
3. save it as "name.tbk" ( you may go to the folder and rename it manually , initially it may be saved as "name.tbk.sch")

default title block location : "insallation directory\Program Files\P-CAD 2001\Titles"
cheerssssssssss

Hi NIKHILRAJ

WAHOO,....yes that got it sorted.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back