Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Capture v16.2 Mouse Stops Selecting Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstocci

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Strange behavior today. Working on a schematic in OrCAD Capture 16.2 when all of a sudden, I can no longer select any schematic object. I can markee around the object to select it and right click to edit the properties, but loose my ability to left click on anything within the OrCAD schematic. Closed everything down and restarted, but no change from the inability to select anything with the mouse pointer. Finally, rebooting the machine cleared whatever was wrong and go back to normal OrCAD Capture operations with the mouse pointer. Sometimes, I have to reboot a couple of times, though lately, it has been 3-4 times. Did a complete Uninstall and reinstalled the entire Cadence OrCAD package.

This does happen every now and then and only with OrCAD Capture, not with any other program on my computer including other Cadence tools.

Mouse is new and was replaced, so not that piece of hardware. Also, this has happened on both my PS/2 and USB mice...makes no difference to the abnormality when it happens.

Anybody know anything about this problem?

Thanks ahead of time...

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.