Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Capture Heirarichal Schemtaics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I had a design were i had 5 channels defined as instances. That means all 5 of them were copy of each other.

Then there was a need to edit this design so that only 4 instances remain and the 5th channel becomes independent. The 5th channel was made independent successfully.

The issue i am having is that there is an extra Schematics page defined in my design which is not connected to any hierarchical block. But it seems to be connected to those instances.

For example: if i delete a part from one of the 4 channels, that part gets deleted from those 4 channels (as expected) but it also gets deleted from this extra schematics page.

This extra schematics page has most of the parts designated with Part reference as U?, R?, C?, while few of them get proper reference designators as R1, U1.

I cannot access this extra schematics page from my top level design where all my hierarchical blocks are defined. This extra page is just lying among the other correct schematic page tabs are, so i am wondering if i close this extra page i won't be even able to open it again in my design. But i need it to be deleted from my design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back