Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp design for integrator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan11

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design opamp for integrator application. Integrator feedback capacitor is a large off-chip 10 uF cap. Opamp slew rate (1st stage Itail/Cmiller) is very high. What are the design considerations for opamp output stage ? Do I need few mAmps in the output stage to drive this large integrator cap?

thank you !

Thanks Dominik. My question is what should be the calss A output stage current to drive the 10 uF feedback cap.

It solely depends on the integrator input current respectively input voltage and integration resistor. You should know it.

FvM, thanks but not sure I understand you.
Assuming integrator input and output voltage range 0-5 V , integrator input resistor is 1kOhm, integrator feedback capacitor 10 uF . What should be the integrator opamp calss A output stage current?

It's a speed dependent. For example if you want to charge/discharge 10µF in full scale voltage 5V in 1ms time, You need 50mA of output current.

Assuming integrator input and output voltage range 0-5 V , integrator input resistor is 1kOhm
Just apply ohms law, 5V/1k = 5 mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back