Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op amp in Comparetor Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm.r.Tadayoni

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody.
can some body help me to undersntand about Opmap in Comparator mode that how is it work and often where we use it.?
i really need to know this.
thanks alot.
:)

I wouldn't call it a 'mode' but you can use an opamp like a comparator - just leave off the feedback. It may not be as fast as a comparator and the output may not swing rail to rail. Comparators are designed to give a digital output, opamps are designed for an analogue output. It can still be a useful option in a low cost circuit if you have a quad opamp and need three opamps and a comparator for example.

Keith

Hi. thanks alot. yes its helpful.
i have a question again, are there some devices to compare signal ? digital or analog , both.
Thanks. :)

There are digital comparators and analog comparators. They are totally different. You won't find devices that do both. Do you have a particular problem in mind?

Keith.

Thanks. No it was just Question. i started to Design cicuits that i needed to know about this device.
:) .

I have a question related to this. The comparator I/P will be one ref voltage and other toggling input. Are the terminals of op-amp/cpmparator are interchangeable; which means I can give any diff I/P as Vref and Vpulse?

If I understand you question correctly then yes, the two inputs are interchangeable. By swapping the over you can invert to logic odds the output.

Keith

HI,
i think you should go thru some basic and the pose the doubths, for the basics try

Status
Not open for further replies.