Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OMNI ANTENNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathishTPED

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am currently working on a project where i have to transfer video signals to a distance of 10km. i want to know that can i use a omni antenna on one side and a directional antenna on the other side. reason for using omni antenna is that side is a rotating fixture .so we need 360 degree coverage. i want to know whether this will work and also if there is any omni antenna which can transfer video signals you can share the datasheet\part no.

THANK YOU.

There are many things that affect a point-to-point wireless communication: frequency, TX power/RX sensitivity, type of modulation, height of (both) antennas and cable losses, line-of-sight propagation (especially Fresnel zone), and last but not least, the antenna types and their polarization.
10km may not look as a very long distance for a wireless system, but if some (or all) of the things mentioned above are not carefully chosen, the quality of the communication may not be as expected.

You didn't specify a frequency and modulation. Are we talking about analog TV in VHF/UHF or a proprietary, e.g. digital modulation using any available frequency?

A vertical dipole (in combination with vertical polarized receiver antenna) can basically transmit VHF/UHF TV omnidirectionally. But I strongly doubt that you'll find a legal band with a power level sufficient for 1 10 km range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back