Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd message on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some weeks ago, my granddaughter used my computer to download podcast onto my ipod
since then whenever I start my computer, I see the following error message.

Applesync.exe entry point not found

The message reads ' the procedure entry point XMLTEXTREADERCONST Name could not be located in the dynamic link library
File Number LIBXML2.DLL

Does anyone know how I can stop this happening?

Any assistance would be appreciated

It sounds like you now have some (incomplete) Apple software on your PC. Look under the 'installed programs' in Control Panel to see if you can see it and uninstall it. Alternatively, look in the Startup folder to see what is running on startup and remove it there. You have to look in all 3 startup folders - under your username, default user and all users.

Another way to track it down is to search for the KEY called RUN in the registry and see what is running at startup.

Finally, if it is actually a SERVICE then you need to use 'administrative tools' 'services' to track it down and stop it running.

I hope that helps. I am not a PC expert so hopefully someone else will have a better solution.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.