Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

obtain frequency of the ofdm subcarriers in 802.11n

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In 802.11n, we can get the channel state information(csi) from the 802.11n frames. However, the csi just contains the phase and amplitude of the subcarriers in ofdm. Now, I want to get the corresponding frequency of each subcarriers. How can I obtain them? Through some searching, I know I have to get the frequency spacing and the frequency range(or starting frequency) to calculate it. But how can I get these two values? Is the 802.11n frequency range different in a different country or regions?

Hello
I want to ask you friend what is the NCBPS(number of coded bit per symbol) and how we can get it if we have Ndsc(number data subcarrier)=100;and code rate 1/2;and QPSK Modulation
Regards,

@Big.Head. sorry, I know little about that. So I can't help you.

The frequency spacing is one of the most important parameters that define a particular OFDM standard.
For Wi-Fi there are 52 subcarriers (48 for data and 4 for pilots) spaced by 312.5 kHz
The channel used (i.e. starting frequency) varies for each particular LAN (spot).

The frequency spacing is one of the most important parameters that define a particular OFDM standard.
For Wi-Fi there are 52 subcarriers (48 for data and 4 for pilots) spaced by 312.5 kHz
The channel used (i.e. starting frequency) varies for each particular LAN (spot).

So, does it mean that if i want to get the frequency of the subcarriers in 802.11n, I should use the frequency spacing 312.5kHz and the starting frequency of my LAN to calculate it? I'm not sure whether this method is right. Or there are other general methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back