Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

norton method on current mode dac

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I have a R2R shown bellow i want to see the output by norton method.
i tried to test 0100 word.But as you can see i dont have a two port system.
How to do norton with such a system?
Thanks.

1602001139066.png

1602000819338.png

You don't need Norton transformation here. Just try to do it with current division starting from the left side.

Hello,I see the current from B0 is Vref/2R but how i get to the current going to B2 with current divider?
There is R between the 2R ,how i handle this case?
Thanks.

1602012120243.png

Yes, current into the MSB switch is Vref/2R. But to the right of BO you see also 2R, so the same current will go to the right, Vref/2R. To the right of B1 you see again 2R and thus the current entering B1, which is Vref/2R will split in two. The current into the MSB-1 switch is 0.5*(Vref/2R) and the same current goes to the right of B1. Continue like this to the end.

Hello,You say that in B0 we have I/2R and B1 current is I/2R , how we get a split in current?
Thanks.

Yes, current into the MSB switch is Vref/2R. But to the right of BO you see also 2R, so the same current will go to the right, Vref/2R. To the right of B1 you see again 2R and thus the current entering B1, which is Vref/2R will split in two. The current into the MSB-1 switch is 0.5*(Vref/2R) and the same current goes to the right of B1. Continue like this to the end.
--- Updated ---

Yes i think i got the idea.
Thanks.

1602073500052.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back