Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-linearity errors of the strain gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I have some questions about the strain gauges and their non-linearity errors. What I know is that the ΔR/R = kε equation is not very accurate, especially for high strain values, because some approximations have been made (2nd order components have been neglected).

However, I want to measure strain values of up to 10.000με, which is a quite high value and at this range the non-linearity cannot be neglected. I haven't found though any solution of how could these non-linearity errors be compensated (in software I mean). Is there any exact equation that can compute the error? If this is possible, then the software can compute the error and remove it.

Alternatively, is there any other technique for linearisation of the strain gauges?

Thanks a lot!
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back