Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

non-inverting buck boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
In boost mode the output power is stored in the L during the time the second FET is on, so value of L?, value of I?
Frank
the output of ( current and the voltage ) always change that is depend on the R load
the value of L is 170uH AND I ALSO CHANGED the L BUT still the SAME PROLEM
MAYBE I MUST USE PID FEEDBACK ?
MY REGARDS

Maybe I must use PID feedback?
Yes. Your circuit topology changes it's operation mode from continuous conducting (CCM) to discontinuous (DCM) below a certain load level. In DCM the output voltage is directly load dependant (both for buck and boost operation) and must be stabilized with a feedback controller. Also in CCM, the output voltage varies due to diode and transistor voltage drops, but the stability might be sufficient for very basic applications.

Thanks for replay
so please what type of feedback i have to use(PID or anther type )
i need the satiable one for my circuit ( four switch non-inverting buck boost converter)
my best regards ..

A buck converter is a simple way to demonstrate how feedback works.

20V is dropped to 12V. The output is regulated at 12V, any current. (The simulation has a load of 1A.)

The feedback signal acts to regulate output, by causing the op amp to turn on and off when output strays too high or low.

Status
Not open for further replies.