Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise simulation in HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmrao

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
kindly help in doing noise simulation using HSPICE.. How can I get noise in term of thermal, shot and flicker?

hi,

this values will be reported in *.lis file as well.

Let me know still u hve problms

Thanks,

You need to use the following command:

.NOISE OUT Vin 1

Where OUT is the name of the node where you want to measure the noise (in this case is the output noise); Vin is the name an independent voltage source (it can also be a current source) to which the input noise is referred, and the # 1 is the interval number meaning that if you set it to 1 you will get 1 noise calculation per each AC point you have; if you set it to let's say 20, you get a noise calculation every 20 points of your AC analysis.

Then, in your output file you will get (for each component) it's thermal, flicker and shot noise. So, for instance, if you have a BJT you will get thermal noise in Rb, Ibs (base current shot noise), Ibf (base current flicker noise), etc.

Hope this helps,

diemilio

actually i want to know the effect of thermal, shot and flicker noise on the totaol integrated noise. Is there any way to get the total value of thermal/shot/flicker noise of all the components?

Hello apmrao,

I don't think there's a trivial way of doing this, you'll have to write a script to add independently the contributions of each component to either thermal, shot or flicker noise and refer them to the output (or input). Go through the "HSPICE® Reference
Manual: Commands and Control Options" to see if maybe you can find an easier way of doing it; I couldn't find anything.

Regards,

diemilio

Does the command .measure help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back