Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise on Data Line. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiwana6330

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Its a really weird problem and I have run out of idea what to do. So I am hoping someone will help me here. Pl see the attached system diagram

**broken link removed**

So when the relay switches (switching voltage is 220v AC and Switched Voltage is 220V AC), it adds noise to data line (as marked in diagrams). There is no connection what so ever between relay and data line except the AC line.

The noise is just a few Nano-Second wide. As a start, I placed a RC Low pass filter on the data line but it didn't solve the problem (actually worse **broken link removed** ). The RC values are 330nf and 47KOhm resistor.

Any ideas what could be wrong or any possible fix? I can only add stuff to relay or the data line

Do not know what went wrong with attachments. Here is the System Diagram

system Diagram marked.GIF

Here is the scoped signal
error signal.PNG

The waveforms show mainly one thing: Either the "LPF" itself is useless, the signal is completely bypassing it, or the measurement is not showing the signal correctly, e.g. due to unsuitable probing.

The filter values suggest, that the signal is very slow, so completely supressing the interferences with a filter should be easy. So if the waveform does show the real interfering signal or not, it's apparently bypassing the filter. If so, it's mainly a matter of circuit layout and ground wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back