Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise analysis for a low-noise opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SquiD_

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some measures needed ...

Hi there, guys ! I have to make this noise analysis for a low-noise opamp. From where could I get the following:
- the flicker noise coefficients KF for the NMOS and the PMOS;
- gamma - the bulk transconductance parameter;
- the surface potential at strong inversion;
all of this for the gpdk .180nm technology ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Some additional information about the noise analysis of a LNA that may come on handy it would be welcomed too. :)

_SquiD_

Re: some measures needed ...

Hi

For BSIM models AF,KF will be available in the model definition/model card.

For gamma,Phi @ strong inversion, U can use SPICE teststep to extract them. by this way u r calcualtions won't deviate much from simulaiton.

For LNA, Please ensure that u r using models with NQS included. Plot the noise/gain circles and do the matching.

thanks,

Blackuni said:
For BSIM models AF,KF will be available in the model definition/model card.

Where will I find this because I didn't manage to find them anywhere ? Be more specific please.

Blackuni said:
For gamma,Phi @ strong inversion, U can use SPICE teststep to extract them.

For LNA, Please ensure that u r using models with NQS included. Plot the noise/gain circles and do the matching.
What is this SPICE teststep ? What about NQS (it's a shortcut for ...)?

_Squ!D_

Hi,

1) Here is a sample Hspice model card( i found this handy), i mean the MOS model parameters provided by foundry. I hope u find it!! . Also please check your foundry documentation
.MODEL nch3 NMOS ( LMIN = '0.18E-06-dxl3'
+NLEV = 3 AF = 0.9065 KF = 3.564E-24
+LMAX = 2.1E-05 WMIN = '1.00E-06-dxw3' WMAX = 0.000101
+LEVEL = 49 TNOM = 25 VERSION = 3.1

2) write a spice netlist or draw a schematic for single nmos or pmos, with voltage biasing in such a way tht your MOS will be in strong inversion/saturation(vgs=vth + >70mv), do operating point analysis in any spice tool. Refer the documentation for that tool to find way to dump these values(gamma,Phi @ strong inversion)
you can also surf...there are literature explaining this in detail.(hint for searching.."MOSFET parameter extraction using spice for hand calculation)

3) NQS --> non quasi static effect, to be simple, its the delay in gate voltage change to corresponding channel charge.

Hope i am specific. Please let me know if i am not.. let me try again.

Thanks,

Isn't there a way to determine these values using Cadence IC5033 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back