Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nohup command in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

hengam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I want to run hspice even after I log out the shell, so I want to use nohup command , Does anyone know how to use it?

Thanks in advance

I think you would simply run it as follows, by specifying input and output files and running it in the background. e.g.

nohup hspice -i {inputFilename} -o {outputFilename} &

This should allow hspice to continue running after you log out. You can use jobs to list running jobs and fg to put the process back into the foreground.

You could also consider redirecting stdin/stdout/stderr if you find that you need to do this:

nohup hspice -i {inputFilename} -o {outputFilename} > stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt </dev/null &

You may also consider the more flexible command, "screen" if your system has it which will also allow you to put the job in the background and reattach to it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back