Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no index knob part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

lor3nzo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my project I need to add an absolute incremental encoder with a knob.
Does anyone know a part number for a plastic knob without index (like those found on modern oscilloscopes for example) ?

To know if it will fit you must specify the diameter and shape of the shaft. Reeding, circular, D-shape, etc.
(Circular requires a set-screw in the knob.)

Don't overlook a cap to a tube of toothpaste or lotion. Getting it to fit tightly will be a challenge. Hot melt glue can be of help.

absolutely brilliant !! Thinking of the $$$ i'm going to save with THIS tip. Why didn't i ever think of this....??

I suppose I was only half serious.

But I am the kind who might resort to a toothpaste cap in a pinch, if I ever lost my can of knobs that I've collected for decades.

Believe it or not I am the kind who would drill a hole in the side so I could install a set screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.