Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NIS client trouble - no yppasswdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxdummy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need immediate help, i have my nis server up and running but when i setup the client and go through the configuration of the yptools i the machine says it doesnt recognize the yppasswdd service. i need this to start the nis service on the client so can somebody please help me figure out how to get this on the machine - im running RH enterprise ws 3 on a xeon client. please somebody provide immediate help.

what is the os and nis version of the server and client?

client is rhel ws 3, server is rhel as - i managed to get the yppasswdd service running but now im getting an error when i try to log a user onto the server. when i log in the client with a user profile thats on the server it sees it but gives me an error (error is no such file or directory errno=2) and doesnt allow the client to log in. i think its a problem with nfs mounting definitions on the client or server side but dont know exactly. can somebody please guide me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.