Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie: I want to build a mouse with 2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!
I have ideas like this:
A normal PC mouse can track movement on 2D, x and y signals.
A mouse build with 2 sensors, one provide x, y, the other provide x' and y' signals. From the amount of the movement of each sensor can point out how much the mouse has been rotated
If the mouse only move linear, then, x1=x1', y1=y1' like normal mouse.
If the mouse only rotate, then, x2=-x2',y2=-y2'
If the mouse rotate while move linear, then, x=x1+x2, y=y1+y2, x'=x1'+x2', y'=y1'+y2'. There are 4 equations, 4 unknowns, so it's easily to know how much the mouse move and rotate.

But I dont know much about electronics. Anyone can help me how to learn electronics in about 1 week to done this job? Which things do I need to learn and find? The cheaper the better.

And, thank you for reading!
Happy new year!

Hi dude...

I appreciate Ur idea, the idea itself and functionality are correct but u need to be knowledgable to be able to implement such an idea! First u need to know about sensors specifically optic sensors, then u should be good at logic design, finally a preliminary study on computer ports such as USB or ps2 is recommended.

it all takes time buddy! Bye the way... what do u think the application of a mouse that rotates is?

I think it is much simpler to use accelerometers or piezoelectric gyroscope (used in GPS receivers for dead reckoning.

But I dont know much about electronics. Anyone can help me how to learn electronics in about 1 week to done this job? Which things do I need to learn and find? The cheaper the better.

There's a nice kit from radioshack. I learned my electronics from it. Be sure the read the section in the front about reading the electrical circuit symbols and diagrams on p 13 of Workbook 1. You don't need to learn it to understand the book, but it's a skill that will come in handy. Test yourself by reading the circuit on page 15. Hope it helps you. Here's a link:

https://www.radioshack.com/product/...&kw=electronic+learning+kit&parentPage=search

Thank you all for answer!
@ The Joy of Electronics: I think that every units have input and ouput. If I know how to fill the input then take the output infos. The input is only the voltage and the current is AC or DC. Then know how to provide the output signal to USB, and deal with them by software. Please show me more detail, especially USB port

I think with rotate mouse, I can rotate in 3D environment a bit easier.

@ cesare: thank you, I already think so, but I dont know is there any suitable accelerometer? If yes, it's resolution must lower than 0,001g = 1cm/s/s. And how to deal with them? I mean provide their input and take infos from them? Can you give more detail advices?

@ codeking911: thank you, I already know some basic about electronic and electric. But to work with computer environment and design circuit, I know very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back