Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New kit announcement, Junebug (PICKit2 SE & Firefly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueroomelectronics said:
Thanks, it's a program called SketchUp. And there's even a free version of it.
quote]

Hi (Blueroomelectronics),

Is that the SketchUp from Google? Would you be so kind to share the component designs? I like the visual display.

Greetings @t.

Hi Blueroom,
In Junebug Assembly Instruction you have shown a software and written microchip website for a free download will u please write complete address

and
in schematics of PICkit2 you have shown a 16 pin (CON3) connector what is for and please tell what is ferrite bead
thanks

Hello Saeed_pk.
The Junebug or PICkit 2 software is all available from Microchips website, in the development tools and IDE section.
You'll want (all free)
MPLAB 8.01
PICkit2 2.40 (standalone, UART tool, etc)
PK2CMD.exe (command line, handy for Swordfish BASIC)

A ferrite bead is a piece of wire with a ferrite bead around it, it'll block high frequency noise from the DC power path.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The 16pin connector along the top is optional and for advanced programmers. It brings out all the unused I/O from the 18F2550 so you can use the Junebug as a USB experimenter (which a few PICkit 2 owners do!)
**broken link removed**

Is it necessary to do that

Are these things exist in USB Data Travelers
And if i use some cap to that

if u designed it then please give a picture of it and if u buyed it then please show a pic of this

what is Price of PIC18F2550 in your area?

Hi Blueroomelectronic !

What is the part number of the 680uH inductor do you use ?

Please help me !

Both the Ferrite Bead and inductor are available from digikey. The price locally of a 18F2550 is about $15 CDn
It'll work without the ferrite bead (just use a wire).

blueroomelectronics said:
Just putting the prototype through the paces and always enjoy the comments.

The PICKit 2 from Microchip is fast becoming an excellent choice for anyone starting with PICs. Although a genuine PICKit 2 is only $38 (digikey) so building a clone would not be very profitable (there is ebay PK2 clone from China for $10 but the shipping is $20 and you still need the USB cable)

So here's what we're doing at blueroomelectronics.

Junebug is a combination PK2 SE (Student edition 5V only VDD, a genuine PK2 supports 3.3V PICs) and an updated Firefly kit **broken link removed**
On a single small 115mm x 57mm PCB. The image below will be updated as the design is being drawn. It will also be BLUE :D
**broken link removed**
The Firefly schematic can be found on our site, but here's the PK2 schematic.
**broken link removed**
And yes it works great with both MPLAB and PICKit2 software.
Here's the hand wired prototype, (early version, works fine)
**broken link removed**
good kit!!!!!!!

Though there are people kept reporting that it works in the past months, not until recently, this design has been found that the USB signal is wrong by a fan in this forum. Even the designer doesn’t know it until it was point out. Big mistake, isn't it?

Don't know who are all those people reporting bought the board and made it working. Also don't know how it could be possible to make it working without a correct USB signal.

Probably it is because of the money in my pocket and in your pocket.

Do these guys have a clue what is electric and electronics? Or just pretending, Making Fake staff and misleading us?

:cry:

So, finally it turned out this is a PCB design without a correct schematic? Got to be kinding me!

IamnotJunk said:
So, finally it turned out this is a PCB design without a correct schematic? Got to be kinding me!

Well if you bothered the check the Junebug manual on the site you'd see it was fixed. The PCB was always correct. It's also now fixed on the schematic above. Happy.
**broken link removed**
Here's a Junebug programming and debugging a Mongoose robot kit.
**broken link removed**
The Mongoose programmed using Swordfish BASIC SE (free!)

The pickit2 SE can programs which PIC?

Can the original Pickit2 (microchip) support 3.3V pic?

Hi, i'm really interested on that design,

i download the datasheet of the PICKit2 and looks some difference with ur design and i have a couple of question about it...

Where can find the firmware of the PIC18F2550?

Why don´t need the EEPROM's like on the PICKit 2?

Thank´s for ur time and help...

The Junebug is a simplified PICkit2 design, it omits the EEPROM as they are currently not used and is a 5V only device programmer / debugger.
The Firmware can be found when you install MPLAB (PICkit 2 directory)

Thank's...

I'm searching all the components that i need for do that proggrammer and gonna try the Junebug on my projects...

Thanks for all...

Hi funnynypd
I not try to offend but your desing and your case seems to me a little ugly compared to original pickit2 or junebug.

Added after 37 seconds:

Thank's...

I'm searching all the components that i need for do that proggrammer and gonna try the Junebug on my projects...

Thanks for all...

Added after 7 seconds:

Thank's...

Thanks for all...

Hoi Blueroom,

Nice design. Do you sell the board alone or also compleet with components?
What are the cost's? Will you ship to Europe?

And, if the graphic design program (sketch) is the one from Google, will you share the component drawings or files?

Greetings, @t.

Status
Not open for further replies.