Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New age Induction lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

grittinjames

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
`Hi All,

Now after LEDs Induction lamps are getting popular. But i could not find any reference design or application Note about induction Lamp Ballast.
If some one have any idea about it kindly share
Thanks
Grittin

The simplest version I've seen is just a rectifier followed by a resistor/cap and then the LED's in series. That was a spot that I dissasembled just for fun.

Hi,
I am rfering to Induction lamp. it is different from LED. It is also called electrodless flurecence lamp
Thanks
Grittin

Oh. My fault being too fast to really read the question.

I'm sorry I cannot help to find the reference you're asking for. Closest I get is just to find a very basic drawing on the principle, **broken link removed**.

The "ballast" is a radio frequency generator driving an induction coil. It can be designed according to known RF circuit principles. But you primarly need a fluorescent lamp suitable for electrodeless operation, forming a closed loop in this case. Do you have any?

Wow, that harks back to the illuminated tubes demonstrated by Tesla which had no connections (which were powered by the high EMF AC fields generated in his lab), apart from the incidental "spill" of RF energy such induction lamps could be useful - does anyone have any links to data sheets?
Regards, Orson Cart.

Some text about induction lamps

**broken link removed**

this circuit must be some industrial secret. In class : very hard to find web-info
The citations of the chinese paper suggest, that there are a least several scientific contributions related to the topic. The circuits referred in the papers aren't however very special. They are similar to inverters driving standard fluorescent lamps, with an increased operation frequency to ease magnetical coupling.

Thank you for collecting the information!

Fascinating subject.
I'm tempted to make a prototype, my bench magnifier lamp is circular, I dont know if its endless, it looks as though it might be.
A few turns round it to a sig gen might be in order.
I suspect the composition of an authentic lamp is totally diffo though, so it wont be fantastic.
These are now becoming popular in pushbike front lamps, there seems to be 2 types, internal coil and external coil, the external ones have a heatsink, weird looking doofers.

my bench magnifier lamp is circular, I dont know if its endless, it looks as though it might be.
Unlikely, there's a commonly used "circular" fluorescent lamp type with electrodes. The lamp circle isn't actually closed.
P.S.: Like this

Show some power of imagination! The f of "pdf" has been lost.

Hi your guys. We are a manufacturer of induction light in China. If you like to know something about it. I would be happy to discuss it with you. kind visit our website: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.