Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help understanding process design kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajetivarg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have been working on cadence virtuoso from the past six months. I have some basic questions on PDK ( process design kit). I read some answers which really confused me.

1.Some people say that fab provides the model files for the components and the eda tool just makes the symbol for that components and some features like automatic calculation of the area and perimeter of the diffusion of MOSTs for parasitic caps. and setting limits for min and max feature sizes ad so on ,,,,

2. where as some people say, the fab doesn't make it, it just put its specifications, design rules and so on, then according to the EDA tool you use (Cadence, Mentor, Synopsis, ...), a PDK is made for that fab. Also, a PDK may differ from anothr one in its features that simplify the design process. For example, options of parameterized cells (pCells), and DRC rules strength and clearance... and so on.

can anyone explain me what fab does and what eda tool software company does????

regards,
ajetivarg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back