Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need serial protocol for high speed serial link

Status
Not open for further replies.

anacoda

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high speed serial link

Dear all,
I would like to design a serial link that connects several boards in daisy chain. For the boards, a board I.D. is assigned for each one. The transmission rate is about 10mbps. Any serial protocol suggested? Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Anacoda

Re: high speed serial link

I2c,
12C bus,
USB
can
firewire etc

high speed serial link

10Mbps? It is too high speed.
Only ethernet can meet your requirement.

I doubt that CAN or firewire can get 10 MBps, ofcourse IEEE 802.3 can get the speed but it is not the only other protocols like USB, SPI can get this speed

RS-422 Trainsceivers ADM4857 have 10Mbps in duplex mode. Just what you need.

Varuzhan

How about Hotlink II? It's made by Cypress semiconductor, and sends/receives bytes using fibre channel at up to 1.5Gbps. I recently got a small quantity for a development board and single port chips were ~£13 each ($20?), and there are 4 channel versions. You could hook these up to an FPGA and put whatever byte management you like. It's also compatible with fibre optics if you need to travel any distance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back