Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need one more RXD UART in 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclickme

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uart in 89c51

Hi
I am a new beginner at microcontroller. I started it by Atmel 89c51. Now I am doing a project need 2 inputs and 1 ouput UART by 19200 bauds. How to do it? software

thanks for advance

89c51 dual uart

Hi,
One serial port (1 out and 1 in) is available as hardware device inside the uC. A serial transmitter is easy to implement by software, but a receiver is much more complicated, because it will use very much of your processor resources. Maybe it will be better to choose a hardware approach for the second serial port, like MAX3100 from Maxim.

/pisoiu

dual uart 89c51

Hi,
Pisoiu, thanks for you advice. Now I plan to use a 74LS153 to share the RXD at different time.

Dallas 80C320 is dual uart 8051 :)

Hi
It is very easy problem.
You found it in MCS51 Architecture, Part Communication with Multicontroller.
MCS51 has support a lot of receive port which is seperate by Slave Address but only one transmit port.
You will be config UART in MCU with mode 2 (multiMCU).
For detail, please send me minhnam@vnws.com

Status
Not open for further replies.