Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need info about designing two stage amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

syafiqsic

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please give me any information about this topic

Re: two stage amplifier

What do you want?

A two stage amplifier is an amplifier whose gain is divided between two stages. this way, the specs for each stage become less intense making the design possible.

is it two stage amplifier same with two stage comparator?

syafiqsic said:
It is totally different approach to design a amplifier and a comparator.
The key point is, in my opinion, comparators are open loop circuit and there's no need for compensation, which is really important in amplifier design...

syafiqsic said:

It depends on where and how you put your ampllifier. If you put in a closed loop configuration, you have to concern stability issues. If it's open loop configuration like most comparator is used, it simply amplify your inputs until it saturate.

what i know compensation capacitor,Cc is use for stability.then what for we use load capacitance in this circuit(two stage capacitance)?

you can use a high gain for fist stage and pash-pull for secong , need compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.