Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need IC sugestion to a Switch Mode PS !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bws

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

i come from Denmark so my writing can be a bit difficult to read, but as the subject says, i need a IC to a SM-PS, that can control the circirt, so i only have to calculate the coil, freqvens, capasitetor and so fworth. i want the make run directly to the power-net not using any transformer, here in denmark we have 230VAC, just so you know....

hope you can help :D

Bjarne

Take a look at

Linear Technology (www.linear.com)

They have a line of switcher controller IC's. I think you'll still need a transformer though. Perhaps you could use a wall wart to go from 230v to 12V, and then use a switcher supply from 12V to you final voltage

Dave

topswitch is the good smps controller

for more details try this

www.powerint.com

another one is

Fairchild Power Switches (FPS™)

h**p://www.fairchildsemi.com/products/analog/fps.html

You dont have to design all this things
Just downlaod PI Expert and study it.
You will get all the details.

Hi Bjarne,
Fairchild Semi have some useful design solutions for lower power off-line Switching PSUs that are easy to use and have free software that you can download that will handle the whole design process (using their devices) for you, the two designs that I have tried using this software worked well. This software needs a bit of getting used to but once you have got into it all seems to work well.

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/power/
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/whats_new/offline_smps_toolkit.html

The first one gives an icon to click to download the design guide, the second one points to the software.
I hope this helps.

Best regards
Bob.

Hej Bjarne,

Just another choice, you can look at www.national.com **broken link removed**

Here you just plug in your specs and it gives you some recommendations.

Take a look....

Status
Not open for further replies.