Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cburgess

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for someone that can help me or point towards someone or some company that can help me with what I think is a pretty simple project for a product that I am trying to produce. Being that I am not an electronics major, I may be way off base in how simple I view this project to be. I am looking for a small scale white noise generator with some type of volume control. I would like the dimensions of the enclosure to be about the diameter of a half dollar with a depth of around a 1/2 inch or less. I am looking at having maybe 100 produced to start with and with a little success, am hoping to eventually find a company to produce them in bulk later on. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

For sure it will be fine for usage in RF jammers, you forget to mention that.

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

If you are serious about doing this and have funds to have them made I can offer some initial advice and maybe help down the line.

When trying to communicate to an engineer or fabricator you need to spell it out with specifications. This can take the form of an outline in a document.

Summary: Describe the product in general terms
Details: Give every single specification as precisely as possible. You said white noise generator - is that with a speaker or with an output jack? What size output jack? If it is a speaker how loud does it need to be in dbA? Volume control - mechanical or digital? If the signal is being output to a jack, what level should it be? Consumer electronics works on 1 vPP. Commercial sound equipment is higher. Does it need to be shock proof, water proof, etc?

If you can specify as much detail as possible you will be halfway home. The other way to do it is find an engineer who will sit down and ask you all these questions but typically it won't be for free. Do you have a budget? If not find a grad student to help you.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back