Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help - RF simulation soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jourval

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !

I need to simulate simple PCB structures like coplanar line-via-coplanar
line- pad @ 10 Ghz. My signal is pseudorandom modulated, so it have very wide spectral distribution and I need to get only information about impedance matching and possible reflections, not more...
I am not RF-men, but as analog designer have some basic background.
My question: what soft is most suitable for this task, and not too
complicate to learn. I try to use HFSS but it is not seems like right choice.
Too complicate ! Is there any dedicated tool for such tasks ?
Thak you in advance for your help.

Please post in correct forum.

Moved to RF forum

jourval said:
Hi !

I need to simulate simple PCB structures like coplanar line-via-coplanar
line- pad @ 10 Ghz. My signal is pseudorandom modulated, so it have very wide spectral distribution and I need to get only information about impedance matching and possible reflections, not more...
I am not RF-men, but as analog designer have some basic background.
My question: what soft is most suitable for this task, and not too
complicate to learn. I try to use HFSS but it is not seems like right choice.
Too complicate ! Is there any dedicated tool for such tasks ?
Thak you in advance for your help.

In my opinion the best solution to simulate such that structures you mentioned to use Momentum of ADS. In this case you can also use "Co-Simulation"option of that tool. When you lay down your pcb and connect your circuit linear or nonlinear ,the simulator will use S-Parameters of the pcb and man simulation options will be available.

I think CST MWstudio is the best for your need. However it seemed you mustn't simulate your structure is an full 3D EM software. For now ,many high frequency circuit simulator provide broad high frequency pcb trace and via model for the user, you can look for one: ansoft designer, ADS, Genesys eagleware. And if you have problem to get the software, you also can coarse calculate the via model use equation(you can search the web for it) and use the freeware RFsim99 to simulate your PCB.
BR!

Thanks for your help
I try Genesis and it seems to be just what I need.
Really fine soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.