Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on channelizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKS

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I wanted to know whether channelizers are included in SDR for base station applications only..or are they also employed in terminal user SDR.
If yes, then why there is a need for channelizer in a terminal user equipment. We can directly use Digital Down Converter followed by a filter and a SRC to get back our baseband signal.
Also channelizers using QMF tree will give as output a number of channels at the desired stage of the tree. One has to know about 1) what stage of the tree to look for to get the desired bandwidth and also 2)Which one of the channels to down-convert form a particular stage to get the desired signal. So there seems to be greater complexity using channelizers for a terminal user..

Please correct me if I am wrong ....plz help me out....

Thanx in advance ....

k,
I have found out the answer to my question....a channelizer is a block in the SDR which is used to extract 1, few or all the channels from a wide band input signal. So if there is a need to extract only one signal....the channlizer consists of a digital down converter followed by a filter.
But if there is a need to extract many channels of a particular band width...we use QMF bank channelizers or the DFT filter bank channelizers.
for applications like: channelizers for base stations and for military purpose mulichannel channelizers are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.