Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in space time coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

honhungoc

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I'm doing project abt space time coding and want to hv a deep awareness on it

I hope everyone can help me

- Is Space time trellis codes (STTCs) Trellis-coded modulation (TCM) schemes for MIMO channels?

- In STTC, redundancy is introduced by using a constellation with more points than would be required without coding
I think error probability will increase due to decrease in the size of constellation points. Is it right?
And does it affect of symbol rate?

Regards

you have to refer to Taroukh paper below, it has a rich of info about STTC:

Vahid Tarokh and Hamid Jafarkhani and A. R. Calderbank: Space Time Block Codes from Orthogonal Designs.

Certainly. "It was widely discussed and explored in the literature as STTC can simultaneously offer a substantial coding gain, spectral efficiency, and diversity improvement on flat fading channels" from 'Space time coding' (Branka Vucetic and Jinhong Yuan)

In any TCM scheme the number of constellation points are will be more than that would have been if coding were not used. Thus "prob of error" does increase, IF we dont consider the gain brought about by coding. The error correction capacity brought about by the coding more than offsets the loss due to more points being packed into the same space. That is to say that the number of errors in recieved constellation point will be more (in comparison to uncoded schemes) for a given SNR, but after error correction, it will besubstantially better.

The symbol rate usually doesnt increase, since the standard TCM schemes map 'n' uncoded bits to 'n+1' coded bits, but the number of symbols sent per second doesnt usually increase.

-b

hI,
u can find information about STC fom book Spactime coding by M.janakiraman.

Thanks
MRK

i have studied branka's papers and book
bulx said:
Certainly. "It was widely discussed and explored in the literature as STTC can simultaneously offer a substantial coding gain, spectral efficiency, and diversity improvement on flat fading channels" from 'Space time coding' (Branka Vucetic and Jinhong Yuan)

In any TCM scheme the number of constellation points are will be more than that would have been if coding were not used. Thus "prob of error" does increase, IF we dont consider the gain brought about by coding. The error correction capacity brought about by the coding more than offsets the loss due to more points being packed into the same space. That is to say that the number of errors in recieved constellation point will be more (in comparison to uncoded schemes) for a given SNR, but after error correction, it will besubstantially better.

The symbol rate usually doesnt increase, since the standard TCM schemes map 'n' uncoded bits to 'n+1' coded bits, but the number of symbols sent per second doesnt usually increase.

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.