Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in simulating differential Vias in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardyethan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..am just beginning to learn HFSS.

I have to model differential vias and need to know at what separation the GND vias need to be added for the return path.

I have simulated the example project "differential vias" given in viawizard 3.1 folder.
But when i plot the E fields over the traces and vias. only one of the differential pairs is getting excited. But differential lines..both will be excited in the opposite directions right?

Am i missing something here. Please hep. Also i have attached an image of the sample model

You need to "turn on" the signalling that you would like to see in the field plots.

Go to HFSS -> Fields -> Edit Sources and modify

for differential, set both amplitudes to 1 and the phase to 0 and 180. This will give you your differential field plots

hardyethan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks so much tallface65...
that solved my problem..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back