Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in repairing mouse with multi-color LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbuildpain

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a mouse which used to show around 10-15 colors, since 2 years or so, it has stopped showing all these colors and is only showing few colors. So today I decided to repair it, and I opened it up, it has two LEDs on it's PCB, these two LEDs display more than one color, one of these LEDs wasn't showing some colors, so I pressed on it and it showed the same color as the other LED but still weren't showing the amount of colors as it showed earlier.

I decided there wasn't much to do, so I put it back and as I was tightening screws, it completely stopped showing colors, the mouse is working fine but not showing any colors, inside the upper shell, there was a metallic block for weight I think, as the screws tighten, the metallic block presses on the LEDs and it must have done something. So I opened it up again and both the LEDs are not lighting up.

Is there anything I can do to repair this? Do shops sell LEDs which show multiple colors, will just replacing the LEDs resolve the problem?

Hi,

Photos...

No idea.

RGB LEDs.

No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back