Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cit69

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Altium wrong variant information in schematics

Hi all,
in AD10 I have the problem, that my bom does not fit with the variant information shown in the schematics. Some parts are set to "fitted" in the variant but in the generated bom they are set to "not fitted".
After searching in the project files, I have found out that AD is storing the variants in the project file pcbprj. It can be seen when opening the pcbprj with a text editor.
I compared unique ID of the wrong parts in the bom --- the unique ID of the wrong parts in the schematics differ from the unique ID in the prjpcb (with the same designator).
Now the question: is it possible to transfer the unique ID which is set in the project file back to the part in the schematic file?
I tried "Component Links" but this links the ID between the board file and the schematic file but not with the prj file...

Last edited:

Hi,
Go in schematics, and Tools/parameter manager. This is handy when creating or modifying the bom. but be careful as it may screw up your bom completely so take a backup before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back