Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help. how to make LM35 output as biner signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatayu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am new in electronic. i have a project about control system. and first problem is i must make temperature sensor circuit that the sensing output is biner signal. 0 and 1 signal. when the temperature more than 60 Celcius, the output will 1, and when the temperature less than 60 Celcius, theoutput will 0. please anyone help me how to build that circuit. i want to use LM35 as main sensor.
regards

Hello,

For this you need to understand,i fyou have not done about two basic circuitrys.

1. LM35
Refer Data sheet

2. OPAMP as comparator
Refer this link
https://www.technologystudent.com/elec1/opamp3.htm

Now, you will know that the LM35 would give a DC voltage at the output with respect to the temperature.

And you have to give this output to one of the input of the comparator.
For 60deg C, the output of LM35 will be approx 600mV (as per datasheet)

so the reference voltage at the other input of the comparator (inverting pin - )should be 600mV.

And whenever there is a 60 deg rise in temperature, the LM35 will produce 600mV and it get compared with the reference voltage.
The moment, the temperature rises above that, the comparator output will be "1".
Otherwise it will be "0"

The comparator can be done with IC LM324.

Status
Not open for further replies.