Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help about Hspice simulation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melodyseu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I have some question about hspice simulation.
I try to do a transient simulation with sweeping a variable as the sentence below:
.tran 0.1n 100n sweep vin 1 5 0.5

The question is that I also want to do the monte carlo analysis simultaneously, so how to stucture the
netlist when I need to have two sweeps?

Thank you!!!

you can try the .alter option.

Thanks for your reply.
I want to do the transient simulation with sweeping the variable in each monte analysis sample, I don't want to depart the transient and sweeping simulation.
So how should I do ? Would you pls tell me in detail on how to stucture it using .alter option?
Thank you.

hi!

i got you. write the .alter commands (as shown) near the bottom. write it after printing so the next time it alters you get to print all the parameter sweeps.

for example:
.dc vin 0V 5V 0.1V
.print v(out)

.alter
.param w=10u l=1u

or

.alter
vgs 1 0 0.7V

you need to declare

.param w=10u or l=1u

near the top of the code before or after you declare the model files. (just so you won't miss them) hehe. Ü stay cool!

- al

Or you can use ".data" for multiple parameters sweeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.