Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need CPortLib for Borland C++ Builder6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need CPortLib for Borland C++ Builder , anybody can help me ?
--------------
Best regards

Hi andre_teprom ,

Thnks for reply , but it is not working in Borland c++ builder 6 and i can not install package , there was an error.

As mentioned above, the suggested API is inherent to Windows, so that you don´t need install any package. It is a solution much more suitable to work, due it is not dependent of external DLLs which can stay no more compatible with further OS versions.

That´s the Microsoft developers support webpage:

CRH.JPG

Sorry, I´m not able to help much beyond that.

not working!!
No idea what should be the specific reason. Are you sure to open an existing COM port that is displayed in the device manager under serial ports?

Which handle value do you receive when calling CreateFile()? You also need to perform SetCommState and possible set CommTimeouts.

Code C - [expand]
hPort = CreateFile (lpszPortName, // Pointer to the name of the port
                      GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,
                                    // Access (read-write) mode
                      0,            // Share mode
                      NULL,         // Pointer to the security attribute
                      OPEN_EXISTING,// How to open the serial port
                      0,            // Port attributes
                      NULL);        // Handle to port with attribute to copy

P.S.: What do you mean with country area related problems? Is it that the filename is expected in a 16-Bit charset?

you can see the image
Image 1.gif

I meant i can not open the URL

I meant i can not open the URL
You said it. Sorry, I didn't read your post thoroughly.

So returning to your question, like andre_teprom I was always using native Windows API for accessing COM ports.

I presume, documentation of the basic Windows communication function should be available from other resources than msdn, it's also in the Borland help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back