Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need comments on this job interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbexpress

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nextgen job interview

I have an interview next week for this position. Any comments and advises are greatly appreciated.

Description

Design Verification Engineer working on the next generation large VLSI to be used in continuously available hardware. You will start on an active team verifying a design in progress. You will migrate to the verification of a next generation product, coding complex simulation environments including: transactors, bus functional models, monitors, and managers as needed along with random and directed tests. You will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience working on all aspects of VLSI verification and get exposure to industry standard VLSI development tools. In addition, you will work on coverage analysis and formal verification of complex VLSI and participate in the evaluation of new simulation tools and methodologies.
Experience College graduate with course work concentration in areas of object oriented coding, logic design & system design. Candidate should have an understanding of basic design & coding concepts. Looking for a results oriented, highly motivated, team player with a desire to learn new technology & tools. Good oral & written communication skills are necessary.

It sounds an interesting job. From the description of the position you will be in a Verification team.
Probably you will use the new formal verification techniques (Specman-E, Synopsys-Vera, SystemC or SystemVerilog).
You will probably be expected to be familiar with any HDL language (VHDL/Verilog) and with C/C++. Scripting languages such as Tcl and Perl are also useful during verification.
You can find many discussions and books in edaboard about formal verification if you need to be informed.
I think it's a good job because you will get familiar with verification and testing which takes up to 70% of the design time.
I wish you the best of luck !!

thank you.....but can you tell me what kind of questions they can ask me about.
I hate 2 questions they always ask:
1. What is your strongest courses to handle this job.
2. What is your weakest courses in these strongest courses, and why?
thank you again..

You can find some books in bookstores that have interview questions, most of them handle tricky questions and have example answers.
As a general rule try a negative question (i.e. weakest courses) to turn it positive for you.
For example you can refer what you found as difficult courses but what you learnt from them and how they can help you in the job.
The strongest courses for this job is what you have done for digital design, HDL languages, verification etc. Anything that conserns ASIC design.
Good luck.

i think the two important question that must be asked in any interview are

1- how could your experince benfit us
2- what (in your opnion) makes you the best candidate for this jop

Status
Not open for further replies.