Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need best DC to AC Inverter solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreeindia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All

I am New for this Blog. and i am not a Electronic or electrical engineer. I Am mechanical Engineer. But I have very Intrest in electronics. first thing i want to make a inverter with 12vdc input and out put is 220 vAc. here my question is if i was given Voltage 6vdc to 12vdc and 1amp current how much of current will develop in out put with our circuit. and i need constent voltage of 220 vAc and constant Current of 16 amps. is it possible, if anybody please help me with schematic and componets used. thanking you

sreeindia

Dear All

I am New for this Blog. and i am not a Electronic or electrical engineer. I Am mechanical Engineer. But I have very Intrest in electronics. first thing i want to make a inverter with 12vdc input and out put is 220 vAc. here my question is if i was given Voltage 6vdc to 12vdc and 1amp current how much of current will develop in out put with our circuit. and i need constent voltage of 220 vAc and constant Current of 16 amps. is it possible, if anybody please help me with schematic and componets used. thanking you

sreeindia

You say 12V on input of inverter, later in text 6V to 12V. You want to make 12V of inverter input from boosting 6V to 12V with 1A? You mention 1A in this input conversion but on output at 220V 16A, this does not make sense.

12V system is not good over 500W, over 500W go to 24V, 48, 72V, and more of input voltages, to reduce current in wires and battery current draining. 220V at 16 is around 3,5KW of power, in best raw theoretical way its raw 292A on input side, or 292A is pulled from 12V battery. You dont need wires, you need copper pipes for links, I cant imagine what battery will say on that in last few moment on his life.

220V 16A is job for diesel/gasoline/LPG/CNG generator. Or if you have full and deep pockets of some green papers, you can make very big bank of batteries and use correct links and correct inverter for that, but definitely 12V system is not right for that (72V and higher).

- - - Updated - - -

People often forget battery voltage drop on inverter load. In car 12 lead acid 55Ah battery have voltage drop at 100A to 9,6A during cranking-starting engine. This procedure is done in few sec, if period is longer lead plates will be curved. Imagine voltage drop on 290A.

Last edited:

Thank you for your reply friend. parden me i was made a mistake in typing originally that amps are 6 amps out put, and input is variable from 9 volts to 13.6 volts. but out put of voltage is 220 vAC. Thanking you

No problem. I supose its some kind of mistake.

:wink:

I think that this is big bite for 12V system for that power.

You can see how voltage stabilizers keep 220V on output, when input voltage oscilating, or how lots of standard UPS regulate output voltage (iron core), its on the same way with many transformer taps on output. Just like one idea from many solutions.

See document in attachment, just for thinking.

Attachments

• Transformer Voltage Control by Tap changing.pdf
    245.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Pout = 220V * 16A = 3520W
Pin has to be greater than 3520W as Pout is only the useful output power. There is heat as well that has not been counted.
Assuming a 75% efficiency, Pin = 3520W/0.75 = 4693.33W

At minimum Vin, I is max.
Imax = 4693.33W/9V = 521.5A

When Vin is maximum,
I = 4693.33W/13.6V = 345.1A

So, firstly, in this inverter, you shouldn't be using 12V or even 24V. At least 48V should be used. Just take a look at the power and current values.

You can use feedback to keep the output of the inverter constant. Whether output current will be constant or not will obviously depend on the output load.

If you are new to electronics, you shouldn't be starting with this design. If you want to make an inverter circuit, start with something small like 100W. Once you learn and understand how it works, then you scale up.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.