Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a stable oscillator with digital tuning that can be connected to a VCXO pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell3

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a stable oscillator with digital tuning: 19.44 MHz +/- 100ppm. Since I am
not familiar with analog design: is it possible to use a digital to analog converter
and connect the DAC output to the Control Voltage pin of the VCXO. This way it
will be possible load a "digital" value in the DAC to tune the VCXO.
I did not find any app note on this subject, so I wonder....

Thank you,
Shell3

Re: VCXO Tuning

Howdy Shell, What i would recommend you do if you are looking for a vcxo VCXO Manufacturers, Designers, and Suppliers of Products with those exact timing and voltage specs is i would custom develop one. it may be more expensive in the short term but it will greatly help you out in the long run. also I think that you could take a look at some of the timing and crystal filters that we make as they could be a good choice for you. so one thing you could do is use one of our 1 ghz vcxo oscillators

Re: VCXO Tuning

What is the purpose of digital tuning?
Adjustment at first time? Then it's OK to use VCXO and DAC. Masure frequency with external counter and tune the VCXO.
If you want tune frequency repetitive and need accuracy every tuning, you should use PLL Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.