Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need 7.5KV single wire connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy956

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help if you can.

I have a project where I'm using a high voltage differential probe (actually several of them) in a test fixture.

The probe (Testec TT-SI-9010) has two input leads for high voltage the output is a coax cable going to a scope input. I need a small connector for each wire on the input side, something like a simple push to connect, pull to disconnect thing so I can easily remove the diff probe pod for calibration. The highest voltage will be 7KV and very little current.

Do you have any idea what I could use? I've looked and apparently not looking in the correct place.

Thank you!

Randy

Unless you need something smaller, you can simply mate the banana plugs with suitable shrouded jack with heat shrink tubing or silicone over an exposed wire connections. I have used these style connectors with >100kV.

I think Pomona specializes in the style of connectors you have on the meter.

Sales: 800-490-2361
Technical Support: technicalsupport@pomonatest.com
Fax: 425-446-5844
Europe: 31-(0) 40 2675 150 International: 425-446-5500
Where to Buy: www.pomonaelectronics.com

It's in fact not clear why you are not using the original 4 mm safety connectors the SI9010 input leads are equipped with.

For an appropriate voltage rating, you should rather refer to the 2.5 kV RMS than the 7 kV peak specification which is absolute maximum without any safety margin.

I hope you realize this active diff. probe only measures up to 1.4kV and outputs 1.4V into 50k
It does not measure up 7kV but will withstand it.
The SI-9010 manual is causing maximal confusion by showing a SI-9110 photo on the title page. The latter has 1.4 kV range, the former 7 kV.

Status
Not open for further replies.