Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NanoSim sampling rate is not constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybackguo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a SPICE netlist which prints out the voltage of a node. I simulate this SPICE netlist using HSPICE. The .lis file generated by HSPICE gives me the values of this node with a constant sampling rate.
For example, I simulate from 0ns to 10ns. HSPICE prints out the voltage of the node every 0.002ns. This sampling rate is constant across all simulations.

I simulate the same SPICE netlist using NanoSim. The .out waveform file generate by NanoSim gives me a variable sampling rate for each different simulation!
For example, I simulate from 0ns to 10ns. NanoSim may print out the voltage of the node at time 1, 2, 5, 9, 10 in one simulation, but it may print out at time 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 in another simulation.

How to configure NanoSim to give a fixed number of sampling points and a fix sampling rate? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back