Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MW c*warrior for HC08 - DWARF debug info problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkdrop

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I just started using metrowerks codewarrior with HC908JK8 chip, I made a few projects, consisting of a few files, like main.c (created by cw) and other routines in other file, let's call it other.c. I wrote other.c by myself.
It all works fine, my JK8 chip is working so i tried to make another project.

So i started to do this, I ran project wizard and it created main.c, in fact with no useful inside. So I build it, just for test and it was OK with no errors or warnings. Then I make a copy of file other.c into /sources folder of new project, added it into sources and tried to compile one more time. In fact, I did exactly the same as on project before. But now it reported error "L1923: File ...path...other.c.o has no dwarf debug info". So i tried to open previous project and it was compiled OK. but this new is always compiled with that report.

Do I something wrong?

In the project management windows in which appears listing all your source files at the right you have five columns Code, Data, (Target Icon), (Debug Icon), (Touch listbox icon) when you added the new file this new file has not the object inside the bin folder to generate it you need to click into the target icon, and if you need the debug info you need to click into the debug icon at the file level and you will reach a dot at the same file row that is your problem.

yes, that's solution, thank toy very much for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.