Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiported SRAM pass transistors switching delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negneg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Forum,

I'm trying to calculate the changes in the transistors' switching delay values inside a multiported SRAM. The delay of the bitline, wordline and sense amplifiers are not my interest. I'm only concerned about the delay of the pass transistors and the PMOS and NMOS transistors inside the inverter loop.

My question is if the threshold voltage or size of the transistors change, which affects the switching delay of a transistor, how will it affect the read and write delays?

My thoughts are:
Read -> because the data for first pass transistor connected to Q (inv loop) is already at the gate and the transistor has already been switched on (in the case that Q is '1'), the only delay is the delay of the second pass transistor, which its gate is connected to the wordline. Is this a valid assumption or should I consider both transistors switching delay time?

Write -> the delay is the sum of delay for both pass transistors. Again the delay of the inverters should not be accounted for since the states are already set before the write happens.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back