Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiport memory controller and nexys2 micron ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggeorgak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to implement a dual processor Microblaze design on my nexys2 fpga. I intend to use the Micron RAM (Micron MT45W8MW16) as a shared memory between both processors.

In order to accomplish that, I need (?) to use a multiport memory controller such as the MPMC IP provided by Xilinx. Unfortunately, trying to configure the IP there is no preset for the particular nexys2 external ram module.

I must add that Micron RAM is a PSRAM device and the nexys2 board support files provided by digilent define the xps_mch_enc IP core as the default memory controller for Micron RAM. Going further, could I use the four channels of the xps_mch_enc IP core to connect the two Microblazes over XCL? Is the memory controller performing the arbitration internally? Also, is there a way to increase the number of channels?

Has anyone managed to solve that?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back