Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplexing data form 4 RS232 to one RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidutt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i need to know how do u multiplex data from four different RS232 into one output as RS232.i am using a ic MAX399.please help me out
thank you

Hi,

You would need a controller to receive data from individual
channel and send combine to send them out as one channel.

Perhaps you should reconsider your design for your project.
There should be many alternative than to combine 4 to 1.

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

MODERATOR - SIGNATURE LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

saidutt said:
hi,
i need to know how do u multiplex data from four different RS232 into one output as RS232.i am using a ic MAX399.please help me out
thank you
There is some information missing. If you demux 4 serial channels into one, you get garbage. Is there a serial protocol involved that identifies the 4 different sources? If not, there is nothing within the standard UART that would enable you to figure out which data is from which source.
As for the physical option to concentrate 4 serial interfaces into 1, you could use a MCU with 5 serial interfaces. There are some ARM9 devices (e.g. LPC3250) that can do this, there is a Cortex-M3 from Toshiba with "endless" serial interfaces.
If you are talking just 9600 Baud, you can use a small MCU and simulate the serial interfaces.
There are so many options that could all be feasible but with(out) your information it is not possible to provide a better answer.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.