Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple SMPS Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean to say that this is because of the fluctuation in feedback voltage? and by the use of capacitor, it will be smooth?

No No NO ! of course i'm not meaning that it is due to the instability of feedback loop ! however it can has a little effect on these overshoots . did you get my idea ? my idea is decreasing ESR and ESL . replace that 1000 u capacitor with some low value capacitors in parallel and at last an MKT capacitor ( 100n) in parallel with all of them . you understand ?

ok.... i got your point. i will try it. should i use that feedback loop capacitor also?

feedback loop capacitor ? are you referring to the capacitor in parallel with R1 ?

We have two voltage divider resistors . the top one called R1 and below one called R2 (if) then use a 10 uF capacitor in parallel with R1 . it will help to reduce fast changes .

i did what you ask for. but have the same problem after changing the capacitors. i connect 104 and 100uF capacitor (Previous 1000uF) one by one, but the same result

i have attached the waveform of the noise. kindly tell me what should i do IMAG10552.jpg

did you used just a 100 u ? i told that you have to use some capacitors in parallel ! just 100 u ????

i used 104 (100n), 103(10n) and 100uF. how much more should i use

just a 100 u ? use 5 , 100 u cap in parallel . and tell me the result . if the result was the same , you have to add auxiliary filter in out put .

tell me about that aux filter. tomarrow i will try for capacitors first and then will go for aux filter

there are two type of filter as auxiliary filter , first one is an LPF with L and C without diode ,( it is after the main filter ) ( by the way , has the core of your main filter any gap space ? )
and second type is kind of differential filter , ( such as filters that we using as EMI filter .)
Good luck
Goldsmith

refer me some type of circuit. i am not at the stage to study it. i have to give my boss the operational PSU. after that i will study. but now i want to know that components which i should use to have the perfect result

At first test those capacitors , and at second tell me the specifications of your SMPS , ( frequency of operation , arrangement , and value of your out put filter, and voltage before your filter ( square wave ) and after it )

my operational frequency is 100KHz. i have used SG3525. output voltage is 3.5V and 3A. Input is 24V. Mosfet is used irf540. for filteration MUR3020 (using Push-Pull Terminology). inductor of value 22uH. feedback is connected at the output to SG3525. i dont have the exact voltages of transformer input and output

is your push pull , in current mode or voltage mode ?

- - - Updated - - -

and how much is the voltage after rectification in secondary ( before filtering )

i have not check the voltage independently before filtering. Voltage mode of Push-Pull is used

What kind of compensation network you have used ? and how you don't know the voltage before your filter ? how you have designed your circuit ? it is pretty important to know the voltage before your filter .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

SG3525 have opamp in it for comparing the voltages of reference and supply. i just adjust reference voltage and voltage divider on the supply voltage.
i really didnt remember the voltage before the filteration

- - - Updated - - -

SG3525 have opamp in it for comparing the voltages of reference and supply. i just adjust reference voltage and voltage divider on the supply voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.